Monday, December 1, 2008

tree sellers

there's always a silver (or funny) lining:

on the way home from moping downtown, L and I make several stops:
1. the dollar store, where "they say you should watch out for your valuables, and I kinda believe it."
2. the apple store, in search of a certain David Simpson, whom no one has ever heard of (though I swear he exists)
3. rite aid- THEY DO NOT SELL GLITTER.
4. the christmas tree guys on the corner, with whom i immediately make friends. their names are olivier and gabe, they are only here for the month from Montreal and they are taking shifts sleeping in a van parked on the corner. they try to sell us two trees and ask if they can use our shower. of course we say yes. L says to me, "this is why I love you, because you meet the guys who sell christmas trees and get their whole life stories."

No comments: