Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday (I think)

Just ate the greasiest breakfast in the history of time. Oh Texas.

I only leave her room for the three hours she gets her blood
treatment, because you know how I am about blood treatments.

Things are looking a bit better from yesterday, there is nothing to do
but wait and hope at this point, which is a horrible place to be in.

You hope you win the lottery. You hope the train is on time. You hope
that H&M has that coat in your size.
You don't hope that your mom magically wakes up and doesn't die.
And really what I mean by that is, I feel like this should be pinned
to something beyond just hope.

She's been in the ICU for over a week now. She has 9 different
doctors. This is the year 2008, where we can clone things and shoot
rich people into space and repair cleft palates and whiten teeth
overnight. So why in the fuck can't someone fix this? It's not cancer,
it's not AIDS, it's not any obscure and uncureable disease.
I just don't get it, and unfortunately, it seems like there are no
answers to be had.

No comments: