Monday, February 9, 2009

my heart stopped beating but my blood was still alive

mason jennings. mogwai. ugly cassanova. the kills, specifically "black balloon" and the video for it, over and over and over.

things happened at work on friday that have left me shaken& scared, unsure of my future for the very first time. i've got fight in me for sure, but i'm afraid of another situation in which i give everything for a company that will only fuck me in the end.

have spent my days off in low key fashion: wandering around, etc. I'm enjoying exploring Astoria and was extremely excited to find a "little mexico" here, complete with.. BREAKFAST TACOS. I've yet to try them, but just the fact that they are there helps me sleep a little easier at night.

besides work, things are okay for me. i'm becoming more at ease. i'm making progress on my apartment. the days are ever so slightly warmer and sunnier. i'm not worrying about boys (too much). i'm reading more. i'm getting lost less. i lost 13 more lbs.
however, a lot of my friends are going through hard times for various reasons, and my mortal inability to make things magically better is frustrating. i just want to wrap you all up in love.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Your apartment IS looking great! I've noticed! :)